Home | Sitemap | Contact Us
City of Hilshire Village Adopted Building Codes
Monday through Friday 7AM to 7PM
Saturday 9 AM to 6 PM
Sunday and Holidays observed by City – No work allowed except emergencies
Who is required to pull a permit?
Any owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system, the installation of which is regulated by the building code, or to cause any such work to be done, shall first make application to the City Permit Department.
Email Lisa Ray by 3 PM with the following information:
Demolition in Hilshire Village:
Before permits can be issued you must provide a pre-existing topographical survey prepared, signed and sealed by a registered professional land surveyor in the state of Texas and tree survey prepared by either an architect, engineer, surveyor or arborist must be submitted to the city.
Demolition Related Permits
1. Sewer Disconnect (verification of all utilities disconnected)
- Install six foot (6’) exterior perimeter screened security fence: you may use existing 8’ wooden perimeter fencing, if in good condition, to complete the perimeter security.
- Install silt fencing: minimum height of 18”, maximum height of 36” around the entire perimeter of the lot and any yard drain inlets. (Ordinance 757, adopted 5/15/18, Section 6)
- The SWPPP shall remain in place for the duration of demolition and construction until the ground has been stabilized with vegetative cover in accordance to SWPPP requirements. If construction is planned to take place for a delayed period after demolition, the SWPPP shall remain in place or have the ground stabilized with vegetative cover in order to have the SWPPP features removed from the site.
3. Tree Removal:
- Provide marked survey indicating which trees 8” or greater in diameter to be removed during demolition.
- Tree protection shall be in place for all trees, no matter the size, that will remain on the lot after demolition. Proper protection is at minimum, a fence four (4) feet in height and composed of a material which is strong enough to prevent vehicles, materials, debris, dirt and other demolition or construction refuse from piling up within the critical root zone. Where possible, the fence shall be a minimum of six (6) feet away from the base of the tree. (Ordinance 745, adopted 12/19/17, Section 1)
Water shall be turned on with a deposit with a new (contractor) or existing (owner) account prior to demolition.
Before you schedule your equipment:
The maximum time period for a demolition permit shall be forty-five (45) days after the date of issuance of the permit, and thereafter a new permit must be obtained and the permit fees paid. When demolition is commenced it shall be completed within seven (7) days. The permit may be renewed only once. (Ordinance 527, adopted 4/17/01, Section 1)
DEMOLITION IS NOT PERMITTED ON THE WEEKEND OR CITY HOLIDAYS