Open Records

The Public Information Act
Texas Government Code, Chapter 552, gives you the right to access government records; and an officer for public information and the officer’s agent may not ask why you want them. All government information is presumed to be available to the public. Certain exceptions may apply to the disclosure of the information. Governmental bodies shall promptly release requested information that is not confidential by law, either constitutional, statutory, or by judicial decision, or information for which an exception to disclosure has not been sought.

Public Information Request Mandates

Procedures to Obtain Information. 

Submit a request by mail, fax, email or in person to:

 By Mail or Person:  City Secretary
   City of Hilshire Village
   8301 Westview Drive
   Houston, Texas  77055
 By e-mail to:  cassie.stephens@hilshirevillagetexas.com
 By fax to:  713 973-7793
Open Records Request Form
This form may be used to submit your request
  • Include enough description and detail about the information requested to enable the governmental body to accurately identify and locate the information requested.
  • Cooperate with the governmental body's reasonable efforts to clarify the type or amount of information requested.
For complaints regarding failure to release public information please contact your local County or District Attorney. Please ask and you will be provided with this information.
  • You may also contact the Office of the Attorney General, Open Government Hotline, at 512-478-6736 or toll-free at 1-877-673-6839.
  • For complaints regarding overcharges, please contact the Office of the Attorney General’s Cost Rules Administrator at 512-475-2497.
If you need special accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact our ADA Coordinator at 713-973-1779